Blog > Komentarze do wpisu
Winter updates

Looong time I didn't post anything.  With the amount of work we have I do not have much time or force to do anything else apart of going for shopping... The work is in progress though to keep me alive during cold winter months;)

I am currently fixing Oki's doublet, after 4 years of wearing it by him! You know how it is- you make something, you don't finish and you tell yourself "I will do it tomorrow" which in reality means never:) But finally I managed to make some buttons for the sleeves adding a piece of fabric to make the whole sleeve a bit longer. It doesn't look particulary good but it is better than too short sleeves.

I also decided to try and make a 4-panel pattern for a dress from La Cotte Simple website. I wanted to try to make this pattern because almost all people I know are going for Herjolfsnes pattern or similair. My problem is that even though 4 panels and side/ front/back gores are the easiest version of dress making I know, I do not remember any findings showing this type of pattern. I will be happy if anybody could send me some links or info:)

I asked my friend to pin the fabric on me and we were trying to use the curved front method. I have no idea why I ended up with every part of the pattern beying of a different size and with a straight front line ...

Anyway, I cut it out and after pinning it looks quite good, I will post some pictures once finished:) It will be just a normal cotte simple with long sleeve, fastened at the front.

A po polsku to by było mniej więcej tak: zarobieni jesteśmy po łokcie nic nie robieniem, czytaj przychodzimy z pracy i padamy na twarz, więc w sumie len leży i czeka od kilku m-cy aż się nim zajmę... Zebrałam się w sobie i zabrałam się za krojenie sukienki, tym razem z 4 części według instruktarzu na tej stronce. I wszystko poszło dobrze, oprócz tego że wykrój miał mieć linię krzywą na przedzie a mi wyszła prosta... Wykrój również miał podtrzymywać biust...hmmm...albo nie ma co podtrzymywać albo coś nam z tym wykrojem nie wyszło;) Tak czy tak sukienka wykrojona, bo naprawdę chcę zobaczyć jak to będzie wyglądać.

Oprócz tego zabrałam się za naprawianie dubletu Okiego! Uf...4 lata się do tego zbierałam;) Przedłużyłam rękawy i doszyłam już guziczki. Zostały jeszcze dziurki i przedłużanie nogawic...

Nie mogę się też powstrzymać że by się nie pochwalić- zobaczcie co trafiłam na ryneczku za niską cenę!:

Wymaga wywietrzenia i nie jest duża: ok 31cm x 18cm x17cm, ale prezentuje sie nieźle:)

poniedziałek, 24 listopada 2008, cailin5

Polecane wpisy

  • Naalbinding 3-fingers gloves and mittens

    Finally! I have finished my first medieval naalbinding 3-fingers glove. I actually made 2 left gloves;) First from 100% thick grey wool (it still smells like sh

  • woolen gift

    A very long time ago we went for a re-enactment event in Germany. I was offered then (by a person I didn't even know!) a skein of beautiful, lime green, hand-de

  • Naalbinding- needle knitting- tkanie igłą

    After a very long time I return:) Maybe not with a full speed as I haven't got much time recently for re-enactment goods... Even though, I try to learn new thin